Should I remodel? This is a question asked often by homeowners before they list their home for sale. It's a great questions and often adding some updates will help your home sell faster and for a higher price. But overdoing it happens often, too. Here are five home remodeling projects that will bring you the highest return on your investment.
1. Replace your roof. This is a big one, the cost is generally between $5,000 and $8,000 it could change depending on how big your house is and how much roof space you have to recover. However, if you go ahead and change your roof you will avoid inspection issues, and you're gonna attract a lot more qualified buyers. Make sure to list this as a seller feature in your MLS listing.
2. Install new flooring. Hardwood floors are in, plus you can't go wrong with classic hardwood flooring, am I right? The cost for something like this usually ranges about $5,000 for about 2000 square feet. But if you prefer to spend a little less money there are other awesome options like laminate and vinyl flooring that will run you way less, around $2,000 for the same square footage. The best part is, you're still gonna get a great return on your investment.
3. Install a new garage door. This sounds really simple but the cost for a new garage door is between $800 and $1000 but it adds huge points in your curb appeal. And speaking of curb appeal...
4. Landscaping. You can install sod yourself for about $.50 per square foot or you can hire a professional to do it for $1 to $2 per square foot. Either way, you're gonna get a huge return on your investment. Your yard is a huge selling feature, and it should really look its best. So if you install a new yard, and then you work on the landscaping around the house like trimming the shrubbery and installing some flowers in your flower bed, you're gonna attract a lot more buyers.
5. Repaint your walls. This is the easiest of all. Just make sure you use a neutral color. The best part about repainting your walls is it's a nominal fee. You could probably repaint your entire house for less than $500. It's an easy way to invest a small amount of money but see a huge return.
Impressions make a big difference. Buyers want to know that you cared for your home and seeing that you've taken such good care of your home will put buyers' minds at ease.
I really hope that you found some great value in these tips today. If you're ready to get your home "list-ready" I'd love to help you. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.